Monday, December 1, 2014

So I signed up for a trail race?

I've mentioned before that my race registration strategy is.... impulsive.

How impulsive, you may ask? I just registered for my first trail race. It's in a month.

I'm way excited. But I guess I need to figure out how to race on trails. Trails were what tripped me up the most at the OBX marathon, so I need to make sure that I can actually survive this.

If anyone has any advice about the Willis River 35k/50k I would love to hear it!!!

2 comments:

  1. I just signed up for a trail race also, but it's only a 10k. Did you sign up for the 35 or 50k? I couldn't find an elevation map on their site. I'm training for mine with the elevation in mind. It's 1,200 ft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went ahead and signed up for the 35k (I'm not sure I'm up for a 50k yet :/). I've read some blog posts about it, but I've seen some of those trails before so I think I have a feel for what it will be like.

    That's pretty serious elevation to squeeze into a 10k! How is your training going?

    ReplyDelete